- In order to confirm their course attendance, the student must pay at least a deposit of 50% of the total cost. The remaining amount must be paid before the beginning of the course.
- Português Et Cetera accepts payments through bank transfer, MBWAY, Paypal, or Transferwise.
- All the commissions charged from bank transfers or transfers through other services must be paid by the student.
- The payment proof must always be sent to the school’s e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The enrolment will only be confirmed after the payment proof is sent and confirmed.
- The discount on the purchase of several modules offered on the site or flyer only applies if the modules are paid at the same time.
- Discounts are not cumulative.
- In case of withdrawal, the student will be refunded the whole amount paid (other than the 120€ of administrative fees, if it applies).
- The student should notify their decision and reason to withdrawal at least 15 days in advance, otherwise, the refund will not be made.
- Once the student finalizes and pays for their course is their responsibility to attend and finish their paid classes. Should the student decide to not attend the course until the very end our Institute will not refund the missing classes.
- Português et Cetera is not responsible for providing any information or aid with any part of the visa applications. Students should contact the appropriate entities that handle those matters.
- We can provide a letter to confirm the enrolment or intention of enrolment in our school for the visa application. Should the student request it, they have to follow the following requirements:
- The student should make a study plan and pay a deposit of 50% of the total value, plus €120 of administrative fees.
- The administrative fees are not refundable.
- If the VISA is denied, the student can be refunded, as long as they can provide proof of the Embassy with the VISA denial and the reason is related to our Institute.
- The Visa letter will contain the starting and ending date of the course duration reserved and will only be sent to the student after the payment.
- On the first day of the course, the student must pay the remaining amount (50%) to complete the payment of the course.
Public Holidays on a weekday
- The administration and reception are closed during public holidays that fall on weekdays.
- The Intensive courses and short duration courses will resume as normal on such days.
- For all other courses, a decision can be made between the student(s) and the teacher to either resume classes during such days or pause classes.
Changes in class duration
- Português et Cetera reserves the right to reduce the duration of a class if such a group has a number of students below the Institute’s requirement. The class duration may be reduced as follows:
- Extensive group lessons: Under three students the classes should have 1:00 hour of duration instead of the normal 1:30 hour.
- Should a group be reduced to 1 person the Institute can regroup them in another group on an agreed schedule and a similar language level. If the Institute doesn’t hold such a group, then the current unused credits can be used in private in-person or online classes.
Rules of attendance
The student must notify the teacher at least one week in advance if he plans to leave Portugal for a while and have the lessons replaced. If the student does not notify the teacher on time, they will lose the class credit.
The student must notify the teacher at least 24h in advance if he is not available to attend the lesson. If the teacher is not notified on time, they will lose the class credit.
- Students below 18 years old will need to submit a parental authorization form when enrolling.
Partnerships with agencies
Português et Cetera Terms and Conditions apply to all students and partner agents.
- In-person Class Schedules:
- Intensive Course and Summer School
- Morning: 10:30-13:30
- Afternoon: 14:00-17:00
- Extensive course:
- Morning: 9:00-10:30
- Afternoon: 19:00-20:30
- Intensive Course and Summer School
- In-person, Online, and Phone reception:
- Monday to Friday: 9:00-18:00
- Português Et Cetera offers accommodation for Intensive or Summer School students. The accommodation packages are structured in modules of 2 and 4 weeks, according to the duration of the course.
- The accommodation must be paid in full to secure the booking with the host family.
- The student should notify their decision and reason to withdrawal the accommodation at least 15 days in advance, otherwise, the refund will not be made.
Terms and Conditions
The current Terms and Conditions supersede all previous Terms and Conditions.
Português et Cetera will use the students’ information in accordance with the data protection registration and national data protection laws. We will not disclose or sell any information to third parties outside of the Institute unless it’s required by law or to assure their safety or any of the school’s staff.
Who are we?
Português et Cetera is a business, legal entity no.514822082 and a Certified Entity by DGERT with the number C4707, officially recognized by the Ministry of Education, with registered office at Rua do Carmo, 51, 2 C, 1200-093 Lisboa, telephone number (+351) 969 056 067, hereafter referred to as “Português et Cetera” or “we”.
Português et Cetera is the data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Why do we process your information?
Português et Cetera will only process your personal data when:
- It has obtained your consent to process your personal data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes; and/or
- It is necessary to comply with legal obligations applicable.
For what purpose do we process your information?
When you fill out the forms that are available on our website, your data (such as your name, email address, telephone number or others), is collected by Português et Cetera and processed in order to answer your questions or to provide information.
If you provide your information, Português et Cetera may contact you for marketing purposes relating to its services, provided you have consented to the processing of your personal data for this purpose. If you do consent, you will receive marketing communications by email. However, you may object to this data processing at any time.
The personal data you provide us may also be processed for the purposes indicated at the time the data are collected.
However, if you choose not to give your consent, your visit to and use of our website will not be affected.
How long do we store your information?
Our policy is to store your data only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected. However, in certain cases, we may store the data for longer periods when required by law.
What are my rights?
At any time, you may:
- Have access to the information.
- Ask for the correction of the information if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Ask for the erasure of your personal data
As the data subject, you have the right to ask Português et Cetera to erase your data without undue delay, and we are required to erase your data without undue delay for any of the following reasons:
- a) The personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or processed;
- b) You withdrew your consent to the data processing (in cases in which the processing is based on consent) and there is no other ground for the processing in question;
- c) You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate interests that justify their processing.
- Ask for restriction of processing of your personal data.
As the data subject, you have the right to ask Português et Cetera to restrict the processing of your data when one of the following situations apply:
- a) You question the accuracy of the personal data, with a restriction period enabling Português et Cetera to verify its accuracy;
- b) The processing is unlawful; you oppose the erasure of the personal data and instead request the restriction of its use;
- c) If you have objected to the processing, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller prevail over your grounds.
- Object to the processing of personal data.
- If the processing depends on your consent, you have to right to withdraw that consent.
If consent is legally necessary to process the data, the data subject has the right to withdraw consent at any time. However, the right to withdraw consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on the consent initially given up to the point of its withdrawal. It also does not affect the subsequent processing of the data based on other legal grounds, for example, in the case of compliance with a contractual obligation or with any legal requirements to which Português et Cetera is subject.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact us in writing, by email to email@example.com or by letter to the following address: Rua do Carmo, 51, 2 C, 1200-093 Lisboa.
Your requests will be processed with special care so that we can ensure we give effect to your rights. We may ask you to prove your identity in order to ensure that any personal data is only shared with its data subject.
Please bear in mind that, in certain cases, for example, as a result of legal requirements, your request may not be dealt with immediately.
In any case, you will be informed of the measures taken to deal with your request within one month of the date the request is made.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Portuguese National Data Protection Commission https://www.cnpd.pt/.
Security and Confidentiality
We are committed to keeping your data secure and we use appropriate security measures to ensure your personal data is protected and to prevent access to them by unauthorized persons. We periodically analyze our security systems and policies to ensure that your data is safe and protected. However, the transmission of data over the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot provide an absolute guarantee of the security of the information transmitted through our website.
If any doubts remain in relation to the processing of your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us:
Telephone: (+351) 969 056 067
Address: Rua do Carmo, 51, 2 C, 1200-093 Lisboa